Monday, January 5, 2009

Read the Right One

As part of my obsession with reading books before I see the movie, I picked up the swedish vampire novel Let the Right One In just before christmas and while the movie was in theatres. In fact, I missed seeing the movie in the theatre because I decided to read the book and didn't have it done in time. Large book + indie movie with short run = see movie on dvd. I just started a couple of days ago because I figured I should get my sustenance from Netherland before I get my little treat of genre. So far I am not disappointed. The writing is snappy, engaging, and quite creepy. The perspective and shifts of point of view are very cinematic and I wouldn't be surprised if the story translates pretty well on film. My only worry is that reading the book before bed each night might give me creepy dreams. I might have to pick a different book for the night stand and keep this one for Saturday afternoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment