Saturday, December 27, 2008

Gifted Books

You can never go wrong with a book as a gift. Unfortunately, this year we are traveling all over and not checking luggage because of the new fees. That makes giving and getting books a little harder. We ordered a couple of books for one family member; 1491 and Flat, Hot, and Crowded. I got Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace . . . One School at a Time (Paperback)
by Greg Mortenson, David Oliver Relin and the Top Chef cook book. As a gift to myself before we left I bought Netherland by Joseph O'Neill and Let the Right One In. I am about 2/3rds through Netherland now. The language is so rich and O'Neill tackles a variety of themes, such as the immigrant experience, terrorism, and marriage. I am not blown away by the book like I thought I might be. It does feel like a healthy salad; not exactly exciting but good for me. I am kind of hoping that Let the Right One will be a sweet snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment