Thursday, December 25, 2008

Top Ten of 08

To close up 08 I put together a list of my favorite books of the year. I am looking forward to a new year of books and am scouring the blogs to join challenges and put together my list of books to read. Over all I read more than 20 books and I am currently reading Netherland by Joseph O'Neal. The year still has a week left to it so I might finish that up just in time. Taking a look at my top ten I am struck by how ecclectic it is. Here's too an equally eclectic and interesting 09 reading.

So here is the list in no particular order.
1. Tree of Smoke by Denis Johnson
2. The Road by Cormac McCarthy
3. The Last King of Scotland by Giles Foden
4. Heat: An Amateur's Adventures as Kitchen Slave, Line Cook, Pasta-Maker, and Apprentice to a Dante-Quoting Butcher in Tuscany (Hardcover) by Bill Buford
5. Born Standing Up, A Comic's Life by Steve Martin
6. Animals in Translation by Temple Grandin
7. Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly by Anthony Bourdain
8. The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion
9. Citizen Vince by Vince Walter
10. The Brief, Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao

No comments:

Post a Comment